Currently, we have a job opening available to be filled immediately!
Structural Technologist / Drafter
We are seeking a structural Technologist / Drafter for full time employment:
The initial duties will be to:
- Review architectural drawings and prepare structural designs for light gauge steel construction
- Prepare structural drawings using AutoCAD
- Coordinate and communicate with project engineer and design team
- Contribute to improving drafting efficiency and cataloguing of standard details
- Perform field reviews and prepare field review reports
- Discuss construction issues that arise with the project engineer and assist in providing and communicating solutions
The successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of current building codes and design standards
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel software
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain structural and architectural drawings
- Ability to speak and correspond with colleagues, clients, and contractors clearly and professionally
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and willingness to use your own vehicle for field reviews.
- Civil/Structural Engineering Technologist Diploma / Certificate from an accredited university or college
- Ability to register with ASTTBC an asset
This full time position includes competitive compensation, comprehensive group benefits, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual performance and salary reviews.
E-mail your resume with subject line ‘structural design engineer’ in confidence to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.